This is a fun and practical creative writing course designed to get YOU excited about creating your own works of – the four genres of creative writing.
Writing techniques, literary devices, and specialized skills will be covered to help you discover, perfect, and share your own writer’s voice.
While review quizzes over major concepts are provided along the way, the true measure of progress will be in the authentic writing assignments that you will complete as you progress toward your goal of becoming a successful and confident writer!
Through taking this course, you will and your personal writer’s voice as you:
- become familiar with the four genres of creative writing
- apply writing techniques for success
- examine a multitude of writing concepts to relate to your own writing
- evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of writing projects
- create scaffolded examples of a variety of writing styles
Additionally, you will discover multiple public outlets with which to share your writing with others as you experience success and develop confidence in your writing ability.
What Will You Learn?
- This is a fun and practical creative writing course designed to get you excited about creating your own work!
- How to discover, perfect, and share your own writer's voice.
- Writing techniques, literary devices, and specialized skills.
- How to become a successful and confident writer!
- Fiction, poetry, drama, and creative non-fiction - the four genres of creative writing.
- A series of authentic writing assignments designed to target the skills you need.
- Publishing opportunities and creating a professional creative writing portfolio.